- Contests will take place throughout the broadcast day at various times. Different contests may have different beginning and ending times and/or dates.
- No purchase necessary to participate in any contest.
- Contests are void where prohibited by law.
- Only one winner per family and/or per household is permitted for any contest.
- A person may participate in or win only one contest for ANY Apex Broadcasting station for each 30 day period.
- Participants may enter a contest only once, unless otherwise specified.
- Participants may be solicited on-air, through the station website, by mail, by electronic mail, in person, or any combination of these.
- Apex Broadcasting is not responsible for lost, stolen, mangled, erroneously delivered, illeligible or untimely entries, difficulty accessing the internet, internet outages or delays, computer or technological malfunction of any kind, power or telephone outages, or disruption of service for any reason.
- Contests are open to all listeners who are 18 years of age or older at the time of the contest entry, unless otherwise specified.
- Contests are open to all listeners who reside in the greater Charleston, SC area, defined for these purposes as Berkeley, Charleston, Colleton, Dorchester, Georgetown, and Williamsburg counties. Exceptions may be made at the sole discretion of Apex Broadcasting, Inc.
- Employees and the immediate family members thereof of Apex Broadcasting, Inc., its licensees, affiliated advertising agencies, participating sponsorship/promotional partners, and employees and the immediate family members thereof of any radio station in the Columbia and Myrtle Beach, SC and Savannah, GA areas, are ineligible to participate or win. The Columbia, SC area is defined for these purposes as Darlington, Dillon, Florence, Horry, Marion, and Marlboro counties in SC. The Savannah, GA is defined for these purposes as Appling, Bacon, Brantley, Bryan, Bulloch, Candler, Chatham, Effingham, Evans, Jeff Davis, Liberty, Long, McIntosh, Montgomery, Pierce, Screven, Tattnall, Toombs, and Wayne counties, GA and Beaufort, Hampton, and Jasper counties, SC.
- Winners of cash prizes must present a valid driver’s license or other upon claiming their prize, and may be asked to present a Social Security Card and/or proof of identification.
- No prize will be released without proper identification being presented at the time the prize is claimed.
- Winners of trips, vacations, hotels accommodations, car rentals, etc. must possess a valid major credit card for deposits and incidentatals.
- If a contest requires an entry form to be completed, whether paper or electronic, all fields must be completed for the entry to be valid. Incomplete forms will result in disqualification.
- For electronically-submitted contest entries, only one entry per e-mail address or IP address is permitted.
- In the event of dispute, e-mail entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized e-mail account holder at the time of entry.
- Unless otherwise specified, all prizes and prize certificates shall be claimed between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM Monday through Thursday at the corporate of Apex Broadcasting, 2294 Clements Ferry Road, Charleston, SC 29492. Prizes will NOT be mailed.
- Prizes not claimed within ten days for the date of the winner was announced will be forfeited and automatically become the property of Apex Broadcasting, Inc. Unless otherwise specified, tickets, passes, invitations, and other entry materials to day-specific events must be claimed no later than 5:00PM on the business day before the day of the event. If the event falls on a weekend, the entry materials must be claimed by 5:00PM on the Thursday before.
- Apex Broadcasting, Inc. is not responsible for, nor bears any obligation to remedy, circumstances beyond is control that may affect the contest explanation, marketing and execution, prize redemption, deliverance, or the winner’s claiming of said prize, or circumstances that may affect prize quality. Such circumstances include, but are not limited to, concert cancellation, weather, technical or mechanical issues, product defects, failure of third parties or sub-contractors to honor obligations or present factual information, and acts of God.
- Decisions of Apex Broadcasting, Inc. management with respect to contests are final, except where those decisions may conflict with law.
- Odds of winning any given contest depend on the number of entries and participants.
- Payment of all federal, state, and local taxes is the winner’s sole responsibility.
- Winners may be required to sign an IRS Form or W-9 or the equivalent.
- Contests winners agree to allow Apex Broadcasting, Inc. to use their name, voice, and likeness for company, station, and contest-related marketing purposes, without additional financial or other compensation. Signing this form and accepting the prize due constitutes acceptance of these terms.
- By signing this form and accepting the prize due, the winner agrees to hold Apex Broadcasting, Inc. its licensees, affiliated companies and it officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each, harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from content participation, winning a prize or claiming and enjoying the said prize.
- Apex Broadcasting, Inc. reserves the right to disqualify any person either suspected of tampering with, or confirmed to have tampered with, the contest in any way, including but not limited to violating contest rules, altering methods of entry, or interfering in any way with the normal operation of Apex Broadcasting, Inc., its radio stations, websites, marketing materials, business or other assigns. Disqualified contestants will not receive a substitute prize, consolation prize, or any other consideration.
- Apex Broadcasting, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, or modify the contest without notice, for any reason. This includes substitution of a prize of equivalent value to the initial prize, which will become effective upon announcement.
- Copies of these Contest Rules are available of Apex Broadcasting offices during regular business hours, and on the WAVF, WCKN, WMXZ, WMXZ-HD and WXST internet websites.
- In the event any of these Contest Rules should be found to be in conflict with the law, the rest of the Contest Rules shall remain in full force.
I have read, understand, and accept the Contest Rules.